The FacilityGill Ranch Storage is an underground intra-state natural gas storage facility near Fresno, Calif. It includes a pipeline that links the facility to Pacific Gas & Electric Company's (PG&E) mainline transmission system, allowing it to serve customers throughout California.
- GRS has the capacity to provide approximately 20 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of underground natural gas storage.
- The facility is located about 25 miles west of Fresno and includes an approximately 27-mile, 30-inch pipeline, which is connected to the PG&E Line 401 north of Panoche, Calif.
- The premium storage location offers a unique opportunity to access five interconnects.
- The site was developed in a joint agreement by Gill Ranch Storage, LLC, a subsidiary of NW Natural, and PG&E.
- The site has potential for future expansion.